- Liquid calories can be a blessing or a curse depending on your goal.
- Liquid calories often offer little nutritional value and little satiety, meaning they won’t fill you up and will take away from your daily calorie allowance.
- The worst culprits we see are coffee variations with lots of milk and/or sugar, non diet fizzy drinks and fruit juices.
- If your goal is fat loss, ideally you want to minimise the amount of calories you’re consuming from these sources.
- If your goal is muscle gain however and you struggle with appetite, in some cases liquid calories can help to increase your calorie intake.