- Each gram of protein contains 4 calories (kcal)
- Helps to preserve and build new muscle tissue.
- Repairs damaged muscle after intense resistance training or injury.
- Has the highest satiety rating out of all the macronutrients; this means eating protein will keep you fuller for longer, an important too during fat loss.
- Has the highest thermogenic effect out of all the macronutrients; 20-30% of the calories from protein are utilised during the digestion process, resulting in less “net” calories.
Main Sources of Protein:
- Protein Powder
- Fish – Salmon, Cod, Mackeral, Haddock, Tuna etc.
- Dairy – Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Fromage Frais (V)
- Eggs (V)
- Egg Whites (V)
- Tofu (V)
- Tempeh (V)