- Calories matter…. like REALLY matter. We promote whole foods, lots of fruit and veg and plenty of variety but this will all be in jest if your calories are not right.
- To lose fat you’ll need to create a calorie deficit, this means you need to eat less calories than you are burning (you may get hungry at times).
- To add weight and/or build a significant amount of muscle, you’ll need to create a calorie surplus. You’ll build muscle with the extra calories.
- If you want to lose fat and build muscle at the same time, focus on fat loss first. If you are training regularly you will still build some muscle whilst losing fat.
- Once you have lost the fat and are happy with your body fat you will be in a much better position to build muscle, focus on getting strong and building muscle at a slow, sustainable rate.
Note: Please be aware that this spreadsheet is available to several people and therefore can be edited by several people. If you find figures are changing without you changing them then please wait a few minutes to try again. Write down your result as you’ll need it later on!