- Fats play an essential role in the transport of fat soluble vitamins A,D,E and K as well as supporting optimal hormonal function.
- Fats are the most calorie dense macronutrient at 9 calories per gram which means you need to be careful of portion sizes.
- Ideally you want to be filling your daily fat requirements form whole food sources such as; olive/coconut oil, nuts, seeds, avocado, oily fish etc.
- These fats offer up lots of Omega 3 fatty acids which have been shown to be more beneficial for long term health and cardiovascular function.
- We wouldn’t recommend your fat intake to go below 20% of your total calorie intake.
- Oils (specifically coconut oil for cooking and olive oil for dressings)
- Nut Butters
- Chia Seed
- Oily Fish (Salmon, Mackerel etc.)
- Whole Eggs