- You can’t manage what you don’t measure. You need to be able to see what progress you are making so you can make the necessary adjustments in order to continue progressing.
- The more variables you track the more “small wins” you can achieve. If fat loss is your goal, you may not have lost weight one week but if you lost inches then you are still making progress. If you don’t track it, then it may look like you are not making any progress.
- You should track both training AND physique progress.
- Our favourite ways to track physique progress are; Progress photos, measurements, scale weight and clothes sizes. You can track all, some or none of these depending on your goal but we would recommend as many as possible.
- Our favourite ways to track training progress are; amount of reps done at any given weight, amount of sets done at any given weight, Repetition maxes i.e 1RM, 3RM, 5RM (This is the amount of times you can lift a particular weight for 1,3 or 5 reps).
- It is unlikely you are going to make progress in all areas every week but as long as something is moving in the right direction, even if everything else remains the same, then you are doing well.